Athena: Milk for Women

We grew up with specialized milk  but as we age, we also outgrew and bid farewell to what we’re familiar with; we are left with options such as non-fat, low-fat, soy milk, skimmed and 3% percent milk products which are pretty much expensive in the market hence women don’t get to indulge to supplementing our bodies to necessary nutrition for strong bones.

Women’s Health gave boxes of Athena milk during the Fun Run presser which had me curious on its difference in the market. It claims beauty benefits – a first of its kind in the milk category.

“Beautrition” for the modern-day Filipina, in Unilab’s term caters to today’s Filipino multi-tasker women who faces professional and personal challenges every day.

According to research: Athena promises more benefits than any other skimmed milk brand in the Philippines by offering Beautrition – a combination of beauty and nutrition that gives women a triad of benefits to help them win their everyday battles:

Beautiful Skin. Athena provides anti-oxidants (Vitamin A, E & Zinc) to help women’s skin become healthier and more beautiful.
Strong Bones. Athena is high in calcium to help strengthen women’s bones.
Slim Figure. Athena is low in fat to help women maintain a slimmer figure.

Now, aside from those facts. The taste is more important than what’s on context. When I tried a glass to jumpstart my day, I didn’t have to add any sweetener to make the milk be  less creamy. For the kind of girl who’s trying to control her sugar, I quickly read through the nutritional contents and found out that Athena milk has sucralose, which is synonymous to splenda. Truly, it also caters to diabetics .(Im not diabetic though but prevention is better than cure). No Stress!

It tastes good. thank heavens I have 3 boxes of it! Thank you Women’s Health and Unilab. Women, you need to switch. This is definitely for every Filipina.

Happy International Women’s Month!

About the author: Just Kas | Runaholic | Kassy Yogini

49 comments to “Athena: Milk for Women”

You can leave a reply or Trackback this post.

1. lanie - May 17, 2012 at 8:21 am Reply

i love athena

2. rachel - June 15, 2012 at 6:37 am Reply

how much po ang athena milk??tnks

3. jeza villarico - August 16, 2012 at 5:29 am Reply

magkano po price ng athena? i nid badly a reply.tnx

4. love - September 23, 2012 at 12:59 am Reply

yes i really love athena .. thats my milk now ..

5. febelyn Lagare - September 27, 2012 at 6:59 am Reply

yeah! Athena is good.It cures my insomnia.Love it!

6. Hannah - November 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm Reply

hi! what is the best age to start drinking this milk? Cause i was thinking of recommending this to my niece but she’s just 16 years old, is it okay to let her drink Athena ?

7. jessa mendoza - December 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm Reply

pde na po ba uminom ang 15 yrs old n2 athema milk???

8. lanie - December 5, 2012 at 5:59 am Reply

why is it walang lata nito bakit carton lang?dapat may lata na rin

9. tin - January 24, 2013 at 6:22 am Reply

i started drinking Athena milk and it gives me a fine sleep. But makes me more sleepy than before…

10. tin - January 24, 2013 at 6:23 am Reply

but it’s good

11. Aiza - January 31, 2013 at 1:14 pm Reply

Just wanna ask lang po, — we can drink this milk also during breakfast? Or before bedtime talaga?

12. Ket - May 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm Reply

Pwede din po to sa lalaki?

13. Zoey - May 27, 2013 at 7:42 pm Reply

Hi! Seriously, pwede na po ba uminom ang 15 yrs. old? 15 plang po kasi ako and I want to try the Athena Milk. Ask lang po :’> or baka 18above lang po ang pwede? Thanks! Your reply is a big help.

14. Zoey - May 28, 2013 at 10:48 am Reply

Hi! Seriously, pwedeng uminom ang 15yrs. old? I want to try drinking Athena Milk but I’m only 15yrs. old pwede na po kya? Ask lang po 🙂 o baka 18yrs. old above ang pwede lang? Thanks! Your reply is a big help!

15. Chieh Hsiao - June 28, 2013 at 5:09 am Reply

ask ko lang po kung pwde po if pwde po akong uminom ng Athena Milk for women??kahit hindi po ako tunay na girl??

16. heidi grace - July 6, 2013 at 11:07 am Reply

i love athena especially when u drink it cold, it’s better taste..

17. Clyde - July 19, 2013 at 12:40 am Reply

Break your 3 normal main meals into 5 smaller
    portion sizes – morning, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. In fact,
    I always suggest to those overweight vegetarians to keep to
    a max of 4 pounds a week so you won’t suffer loose skin post weight loss. Do not be tempted to lose weight as quickly as you can, because a crash diet will have you eating less than a thousand calories a day slowing down your metabolism.

18. - August 3, 2013 at 11:50 am Reply

It does appear, however, that hypnosis can help a person achieve his or her weight loss goals.
    Avocados- Although not my favorite, are high in fats,
    the good ones. Expect to lose all that extra flabbiness as you melt off all your
    unwanted fat.

19. Joey Fernandez - August 15, 2013 at 11:59 pm Reply

the same lang ba ang benefits na makukuha ng lalaki at babaeng umiinom ng athena milk? I’d like to try drinking that milk.

20. lovely cardenas - September 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm Reply

Hi po, i knew na may anti oxidant ang athena, advisable po ba ang athena para sa mga laging puyat n tao just to stay blooming bec. of anti oxidant?

21. lovely cardenas - September 15, 2013 at 1:55 am Reply

thanks posa info 🙂 pero hindi naman po kaya ako aantukin kaagad nyan?

22. Maria - March 12, 2014 at 11:32 am Reply

Can we us it as a meal substitute?

23. Maria - March 12, 2014 at 11:33 am Reply

I mean can we use it as a meal substitute?

24. margarete remonte - July 13, 2014 at 7:33 am Reply

Hello po 🙂 Pwede na po bang uminom ng Athena Milk ang 13 years old ? Thank you po 🙂

25. Rose - June 16, 2015 at 12:26 am Reply

Nakakaglow po ba ng skin? Makakahelp din ba makawala ng pimples

26. Rose - June 19, 2015 at 1:59 pm Reply

Hi again, pang 3days kona umiinom ng athena milk napansin ko, nagbubuo ung milk kahit hot water na ang ilagay ko ganun po ba talga?

27. Sha - July 26, 2015 at 5:12 am Reply

Hi! I just thought of reading some reviews and saw this one. I bought a pack earlier and I just finished my first cup right now. It definitely taste and smell good and the price is pretty cheap! It’ll be a part of my meal from now on and hopefully it’ll help me get rid of my pimples 🙁 Recently my hormones are messed up so I decided to put milk on my diet and saw Athena. I’m kind of overweight as well. Isn’t drinking this would increase my weight more? Thank you in advance! <3

• Just Kas | Runaholic | Kassy Yogini - July 26, 2015 at 4:55 pm Reply

Hi, have you had yourself checked by your dermatologist? It’s best for you to have their professional help to rule out your pimples. It could also be the kind of food you eat but definitely milk do sure have tons of benefits 🙂 for weight, see if you’re lactose intolerance or not. One glass should be fine everyday if you’re not lactose. Others find it helpful to substitute milk for dinner.

28. Jen Stein - October 29, 2015 at 1:49 am Reply

pwede na po ba ‘to sa teens na kaka’18 lang?

29. Yvone Abigail Mabanag - February 27, 2016 at 4:04 am Reply

I really love Athena milk, it makes me blooming when I wake up in the morning but I stopped it because I don’t know where to buy that product here in the US. I would like to ask if you know where to buy it through web or etc? thank you!