Your Social Security System Application

It’s not rocket science that every individual should have his/her own Social Security number for the sole reason that not only does it validates you as a citizen but also includes you into the social insurance program of your country.


Typically, your own Social Security Number will be given to an individual once they start employment. Every pay day, there will be a certain contribution amount which will be deducted from your salary and earns throughout the years providing you retirement and health benefits as a working class.

Remitting every month to your Social Security allows you to be supported by the Government for such calamities with reasonable rates applies.

Now, what if you have never been employed and you’ve been a freelancer or been working abroad – are you eligible and would you be allowed to have your own Social Security? Definitely.
Here’s how:

  1. Log on to the website: SSS
  2. Check on the Registration Page on How can one register with the SSS?         A person registering with the SSS for the first time as a prospective employee should accomplish SSS Form E-1 (Personal Record) and submit it together with the original/certified true copy and photocopy of any of the following: baptismal, birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card or Seaman’s Book. In the absence of these documents, any two of the following, one of which recent photo and date of birth, are acceptable.
  3. Be guided by the SSS Contribution Schedule
  4. Download the RS-5 form and have four (4) copies printed upon remittance and have it duly filled.

You may check on your contribution online to make sure if you have completed and accomplished your social security obligation.

What if you were once employed and then decided to go freelancing or not work for the meantime? paying your contribution through the SSS Form RS-5 using the previously assigned SSS number to you by your employers will change the status of your membership from covered employee to self-employed, OFW or non-working. Should you be age 65 and above, You may voluntarily contribute however you must fill up the  Application for Voluntary Payment of Contribution.

Remember that your SSS contribution is for your goodness sake.  Don’t be afraid to go generous on your contributions as this will turn out to be part of your pension once you get older. You may have your contribution remitted at Bank of the Philippine Islands by issuing the RS-5 after you have it encoded on the cueing system.

If you have failed to pay in advance, make sure that you get to tackle and remit your contributions for the entire year on or before the 31st of December.

Related Posts
Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: