Mr Dan Buettner, author of Thrive, gives some tips on happiness.
- Sleep between 7.5 and 8.5 hours every night. Sleeping less than siz hours means you are probably 30per cent less happy than you should be.
- Working around 37 hours a week appears to be optimal and having at least 6 weeks of holiday each year is ideal
- Eat a plant-based breakfast. If you eat a meaty, saturated fat-laden breakfast, the oxygen that reaches your muscles and brain is diminished. You will feel sluggish.
- Exercise for at least half an hour every day, half an hour of physical activity provides a 12-hour increase in well-being. time your physical activity before noon.
- Volunteer more. People who volunteer their time reported higher levels of well-being than those who did not
- Socialize at least 6 hours a day. Hanging out with friends and family correlates with feelings of happiness.
- Money cannot buy happiness but people should strive for an annual income for a family of four. Beyond that, happiness levels plateu.
People who are making a lot more money typically have more stressful jobs, spend too much of their day working, and do not pay attention to their families. They are not socialising or volunteering in general.
Are you happy? Have you found the happiness? Thrive.