All you need is 7 minutes.
That was all the time I had to allocate for me to learn from one of the people whom I call as a mentor, Vishen Lakhiani of Mindvalley. A life-changing exercise which have helped me reframe my thinking from having a “Means Goals” trap called annual bucket lists into having life goals.
I knew that having to write goals (as much as I can) every year and revisiting it every now and then works, I still have my list and having to tick down one after another gives this sense of accomplishment and encouragement. However, as I progress, I realized so much that I knew I had to rethink those of which I want to accomplish.
I knew, there’s more to accomplish that the materialistic and temporary.
Wouldn’t it be great if you get obsessed on attaining life goals (the end) aligned towards our passion, vision and the beauty of journey-ing towards accomplishing the goal itself rather than just ‘the means’?
But, how do we get to change the way we think about goal setting? What are the right questions to ask ourselves towards a much purposeful life-goal setting?
Ask yourselves these:
- What are the experiences you’d want to experience in this lifetime?
- Visualize the kind of life and lifestyle you envision for yourself and your family?
- What experiences do you specifically want to go through?
- Think about your career, describe it.
- What kind of growth would you want to grow yourself into?
- For your business, what are the numbers you’d want to reach and accomplish?
- For your money-goals, what do you imagine for your bank account and your assets amounting to in total?
- For your family, career and other facets of your life.
- Who are you working all these experiences and growth for?
- Whom do you serve?
- What would you want to contribute for the society and the environment?
Thinking about these would help you visualize and give you a direction in what you do on why you do things. No matter how old you are, it’s never too late to realize the design solely dedicated for your life.
Think about your career, mission , and life purpose and you’ll be surprise on what the universe will unfold in your very eyes as it responds to your calling.
Stop chasing and following dreams. It’s time to make your dreams follow you, with and through the blueprint meant and designed for you.
Hope this helps you as much as it did for me. What’s your narrative?